Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 25 - Brotherly Love Day

The temperatures were even cooler today as the high just made it to 70F.
I purchased gasoline at Fort Meade which cost me $3.889/gallon. I guess we are going to have to get accustomed to over $4.00/gallon cost. Someone is getting rich over this and it is not me.
I spent some of the day at Fort Meade, which is not recognizable at all to me, and I spent the remainder in Philadelphia. The City of Philadelphia has so much history about our country becoming a nation. As the guide said at Congress Hall that one of the most significant things that happened there was the swearing in of John Adams transferring the power peacefully from one individual to another. This transfer of power usually happens when someone died or when someone was ousted out of power through an overthrow.
My plans include spending some time with the grandchildren for the next few days. I do plan on looking for Revolutionary Battlefields while they are in school, however. Seems an awful lot of Revolutionary Battles were fought in New Jersey.
Al I plan to be at Thursday get together, so save a chair for me!
Take care everyone!

The Traveller

2 comments:

  1. If you have time go to Morristown National Historic Site. It was Washington's Headquarters during a part of the Revolutionary War. It is a great place even Kat enjoyed it when we went :)

    - Can you tell I work for the National Park Service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like insider information, Bro.... :-)

    ReplyDelete