Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 28 - Another Jersey Day

The temperature warmed up a bit today as it topped out at 79F. It felt even warmer when I walked the Monmouth Battlefield State Park tour in the open fields.
No gasoline purchased today, thank goodness!
I spent a great deal of time taking the walking tour of the Monmouth Battlefield State Park. It was quite a jaunt as the path has not been mowed as yet, only from where it was the past season. The Battle that took place here on June 28, 1778 was one of the largest Battles of the American Revolutionary War. The two combatants were basically George Washington and Charles Lee. It is estimated that there were over 1100 British and 500 American casualties. I also spent a bit of time in Freehold and Caldwell, New Jersey visiting the birthplaces of Bruce and Grover Cleveland.
My trip is coming to a close as I am heading for home tomorrow. I am doubtful that anything will catch my eye as I have traveled this many times before but I will be on an extra lookout.
So I am saying goodnight to all!

The Traveller

1 comment: