Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 17 - The Vander-bilk Day

Today's temperatures was mostly in the high 40s but did reach a high of 63F. It rained, on and off, most of the day. I guess I got use to the 80s I was seeing.
Gasoline prices fluctuated as I purchased some for $3.759/gallon near Asheville, North Carolina and some for $3.599/gallon just outside of Greenville, Virginia.
I spent most of the morning at Biltmore Estates and then traveled to John's in the afternoon. It was good seeing John again and I would like to thank both John and Marcia for allowing me to stay the night. They are always hospitable.
James Madison Montpelier and Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County Battlefields are next on the list.
Hope everyone is having a fun Easter weekend.

The Traveller

1 comment:

  1. You have to admit.....it's a terrific area to visit if you like Civil War history and such.

    ReplyDelete