Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 20 - D. C. (Dang Cool) Day

The sun is shining again as the temperature hit a high of 90F today.
No gasoline purchased again today!
Brian and I had a great day in D.C. today. We spent all day in the U.S. capital. The weather and the sites were top notch. The Capitol tour and the elevator ride to the top of the Washington Monument were a direct result of Brian. Along with this we stopped at National Museum of American History, Archives of the United States of America, and the Air and Space Museum. I was especially fascinated with the Archives building which displays the original documents: Declaration of Independence (DOI), The Constitution of the United States (COUS), and the Bill of Rights (BOR). Both the COUS and the BOR are readible, the DI is not. I could make out some of the signers, however.
I want to express my thanks to Kath and Brian for putting up with this old man. I had a chauffeur, a cook, lodging, laundry service, and just about every other thing I can think of. You guys were the best.
It is off to Maryland Eastern Shore today and whatever lies in store for me.
Take care and be safe everyone!

The Traveller.

3 comments:

  1. Bro, you have to realize that we are learning along with you as you travel the roads that started 'it' all. My thanks for triggering some of the reasons why I really enjoy history now, while I really disliked it when I was forced into the subject by my encounters with the textbooks of my youth. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day with lots packed in it....and of course your family is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time in D.C. Next we should do the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

    ReplyDelete