Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 22 - "Wild Horses" Day

The temperature hovered in the low 70s until I crossed the Bridge-Tunnel where the temperature rose to 82F. I am not sure how or why this happened,however. I did experience some rain today but it was always short lived.
No gasoline purchased today thank goodness, as it still looks like it is in the high $3.80s.
I spent a greater part of the day on Assateague Island looking for the ponies, walking trails, and strolling along the beach on the Ocean side. I looked for some sea shells with very little luck. It was extremely windy on the beach and the shells were mostly broken. There was a 3/4 mile sand dunes trail that was quite interesting.
My plan is to go to Colonial Williamsburg and maybe Jamestown/Yorktown tomorrow.
Take care everyone!

The Traveller

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the further north you meander.....you're gonna have to get used to the $4 per gallon prices.....and rising.

    ReplyDelete