Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 19 - Virginia Civil War Day

It was a very pleasant day today as temperatures hit a high of 89F. As one can see in the pictures the sun was out again also. I think I am actually getting use to the warmer weather.
No gasoline purchased today!
I spent most of the day visiting the Fredericksburg Battlefield. This was the most bloodiest Battle of any of the four (4) in this area. I find it amazing on just how loyal the soldiers were to their Commanders. I do not feel that this loyalty would happen today and I am not sure one could ask that of anyone.
I am off tomorrow for a tour of the Capitol Building compliments of Brian. Brian you are awesome!
I trust everyone had a Happy Easter!
Goodnight everyone!

The Traveller

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to Kath's safe...was good to see her and say hello...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great tour of the Cap building. I was kust looking at a photo of Lincoln's inaugural event, and it showed that they were still working on an unfinished building. Amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and Brian had a great day. It's so moving to see the actual documents at the archives. Scott and I took my parents to DC when they unveiled the Korean war monument (my Dad spent most of 1948 to 1956 in Kores), and we visited the archives with them. I know they were amazed to see the documents.

    ReplyDelete